what committee Got right & what Committee got Wrong.

193rd post on this amazing blog. Blog gist will augur seeding. As blog tries to place teams by accurate parameters & teams who play with heart. Site called bracketaday.blogspot.com but not 1, but 4 brackets for march madness, nit, cbi & cit. Yet called bracketaday.blogspot.com due to technically 1 mm bracket daily plus other 3 tourneys I seed. Try my best to place teams by seeding (march madness & nit only) & location (march madness, nit, cbi & cit).

Today I will tell my opinions on what committee got right & what committee got wrong. This installment will tell my opinions on committee choices. Alright then. Tell my opinions on how selection committee did with seeding & placement of 68 teams. Excited tow write this piece. Will finish this article before games start today, march 15 alright. That's about it. Here's my view on how committee did its job on sunday evening.

what committee Got right.

I'll list my congratulations to what they did right for march madness. Ok then.

1 seeds: I have no problem with Gonzaga Bulldogs, Arizona Wildcats, Jayhawks & Baylor Bears being 1 seeds. Excited to know by saturday morning who 1 those games.

2 seeds: I have no problem with Auburn Tigers, Kentucky Wildcats, Villanova Wildcats & Duke Blue Devils being 2 seeds. Blunt opinion is I think Blue Devils should have been 2 seed for march madness instead of Tennessee as Blue Devils handily beat Kentucky while Kentucky Wildcats gave shellacking to Tennessee on January 15, 2022, so it's awful few Tennessee basketball fans are being whiny babies about being seeded lower than Blue Devils as this makes Volunteers fans, most of whom are great supporters, look bad.

3 seeds: I have no problem with Badgers, Volunteers, Boilermakers & Red Raiders being 3 seeds. All those teams will live 3 when they play.

4 seeds: I have no problem with UCLA Bruins, Fighting Illini, Friars & Razorbacks being 4 seeds. Viewers will watch UCLA Bruins, Fighting Illini, Friars & Razorbacks supporters root 4 their schools.

5 seeds: I have no problem with UConn Huskies, Houston Cougars, St Mary's Gaels & Hawkeyes being 5 seeds, though there's a team I'll later discuss which should have been closer to 5. See which teams will 5 in those games.

6 seeds: I have no problem with LSU Tigers, Longhorns & Colorado St Rams being 6 seeds. Squads were seeded right.

7 seeds: I have no problem with USC Trojans & Buckeyes being 7 seeds so let's see where Buckeyes do suffer THE loss to go exit ncaa tournament that is going to be THE painful moment for Ohio St supporters. USC Trojans & Buckeyes will be in 7 if they make elite 8.

8 seeds: I have no problem with Boise St Broncos, Tarheels, Aztecs & Seton Hall Pirates being 8 seeds. Don't 8 any of that seeding.

9 seeds: I have no problem with Horned Frogs, Marquette Golden Eagles & Memphis Tigers being 9 seeds. Squads were seeded right.

10 seeds: I have no problem with Dons & Ramblers being 10 seeds. When those squads wake up & hear rooster 10 crowing, they'll be ready to play.

11 seeds: I have no problem with Cyclones being 11 seeds. But if they make improbable elite 8 run, then Cyclones will be in 11.

12 seeds: I have no problem with Wyoming Cowboys, Blazers, Spiders & New Mexico St Aggies being 12 seeds. Seeded right.

Cuz Spiders are in march madness, this is fine news for VCU Rams as this means Richmond will give another lofty contract to overpaid Chris Mooney. Richmond will waste cash paying him.

13 seeds: I have no problem with Mocs, Jackrabbits, Vermont Catamounts & Zips being 13 seeds. Seeded right.

14 seeds: I have no problem with Longwood Lancers, Colgate Raiders & Montana St Bobcats being 14 seeds. Seeded right.

15 seeds: I have no problem with Fighting Blue Hens, Peacocks, Jacksonville St Gamecocks & Cal St Fullerton Titans being 15 seeds. Seeded right.

16 seeds: I have no problem with Georgia St Panthers, Norfolk St Spartans, Wright St Raiders, Bryant Bulldogs, Texas Southern Tigers & Islanders being 16 seeds. Seeded right.

Snubs: I have no problem with SMU, Oklahoma, St Louis & BYU being snubs. They can then eat Subway snubs after their nit games.

what Committee got Wrong. 

I'll list my complaints to what they did Wrong for here. Boo.

Putting Jayhawks in Ft Worth instead of another city means Red Raiders & Razorbacks now have to travel far for their round Of 64 & round Of 32 games.

It's possible Marquette Golden Eagles fans could go cross city to Milwaukee arena to cheer for Colgate Raiders in game vs Wisconsin so I didn't think Wisconsin should have been placed in a rival team's city.

Sadly committee didn't look at bad losses as Alabama suffered them, like to Missouri Tigers, who I have choice words for after firing last year's march madness coach Cuonzo Martin, as committee claims they look at bad losses yet they overseeded Alabama at 6 instead of 8 seed like I thought Alabama should have been.

Imo, placement of 6 seeds was bad as Crimson Tide should have been placed in Chicago side or Philadelphia side (not San Antonio side to avoid matchup in round of 32 with Volunteers) & Longhorns should have been placed in San Antonio side or Chicago side although Longhorns fans are widespread meaning Philadelphia side will still have lots of them rooting in Philadelphia stands if Longhorns run table in 1st 2 weeks. That's my 2 cents.

Racers were better than 7 seed being in 17 through 20 range in AP poll & net being higher than 24. Thought they should have gotten 5 seed & it's stupid to punish them with 7 for being In 1 Bid Conference named Ohio Valley as Murray St Racers chose that conference multiple decades ago yet committee is punishing this season's team for what conference Murray St administrators chose way back.

Mich St is subject Of hypocrisy as they had losing streak in season but was seeded too high but certain snub also had losing streak & didn't have their team make it in. That hypocrisy of national collegindianapolisate athletic association for nearby Big 10 team is horrible.

Imo, placement of 7 seeds was bad as Mich St Spartans should have been placed in Chicago side, assuming Buckeyes remained in San Antonio side & Racers remained in Philadelphia side, & USC Trojans should have been placed in San Francisco side as it makes no sense no Pac 12 teams are on that side. Those teams with greek mascots got screwed in placement by committee.

Well switcharoo with Tarheels & Seton Hall Pirates should have happened as Chapel Hill is closer to San Diego than South Orange meaning Seton Hall Pirates should have gone to Ft Worth to play non Big East team in round Of 64 & Tarheels should have gone to San Diego to play 9 seed in round Of 64.

The committee overseeded Creighton since it had similar strength of conference schedule as Mich Wolverines but lower net yet it gave this year's Creighton too high seed but I liked how Bluejays & Cyclones are in Chicago side as Greg McDermott coached Cyclones from 2007 through 2010. I'm still pissed about Creighton being seeded as fine as they were. 

Didn't think Miami FL would get in after how several teams played through conference tournaments this postseason so I'm shocked Miami FL got there. Their net wasn't awesome but I'm not against Hurricanes inclusion into march madness ok.

Davidson had worse resume than certain snub since Davidson lost to Spiders in A 10 final while that certain snub lost to Volunteers in SEC final, all things being said Volunteers are better than Richmond is yet Davidson got in unfairly over that certain snub. Davidson had worse strength of schedule than certain snub, Davidson only beat Alabama by 1 point on neutral court while certain snub beat Auburn to avenge its Espn College Gameday loss, beat Arkansas twice, beat Alabama at Tuscaloosa & beat Abilene Christian Wildcats, a fine non power conference team but Davidson got in over certain snub & I believe Davidson should have not been in but certain snub should have.

Imo, placement of 10 seeds was bad as Dons didn't get placed in San Francisco side, which hurt for their small student body, as their team & other West Coast Conference teams can't go get into power conference (the ones which aren't leaving for Big XII in 2023) because of small student body, not being research institutions & most having defunct football teams & Ramblers didn't get placed in Chicago side. If u had given me opportunity with 10 seeds, despite me being against Davidson getting in & shocked Miami FL got in, I would have placed Dons in San Francisco side, Ramblers in Chicago side, Hurricanes in San Antonio side & Davidson Wildcats in Philadelphia side.

Mich lost in 1st game in its conference tournament & got in ncaa tournament. While I understand them getting in because of their net, I didn't think they should have gotten in. 

But Rutgers lost in 1st game in its conference tournament & made it in. Their victories in quad 1 were fine but their net was below 80 on sunday march 13 unfortunately, Mike Rice may have threatened to throw basketballs at committee because I don't think a team with that low net should have been in & thus I was upset Rutgers got to go. 

Jack Swarbrick, current ad of Notre Dame, is happy but I'm not as certain snub beat Notre Dame in season but Notre Dame got in ahead of them. This is awful Notre Dame which lost in 1st game in its conference tournament even sniffed the field.

Sadly Hokies were underseeded as metrics were supposed to put them as what I thought would be 8 seed & their resume with wins over North Carolina, Virginia & Duke should have also put those gobblers as 8 seed but they got hurt by selection committee. Meaning Texas is screwed & will lose in round of 64 to Hokies because of horrible seeding. 

Legendary Indiana program was underseeded since they're 12 seed instead of 9 seed like I put them as this makes me angry since Hoosiers beat Purdue, Ohio St & Illinois so those great wins should definitely have made up for their bad nonconference strength of schedule. It's likely selection committee put them in Wyoming Cowboys game because they don't think anyone outside of Wyoming alumni & fans, Wyoming residents & hardcore college basketball fans will watch Wyoming game so they put popular team vs Wyoming to boost ratings but they could have put Mich Wolverines or Hurricanes which have large amount of fans as well as Hoosiers up against Wyoming instead of making Indiana an underseeded team.

Favoritism going towards Yale, likely because of recent upset in march madness vs Baylor, made them 14 seed instead of 16 seed which I put them as & they also had bad loss to Penn, which finished with losing overall record this year. Disappointed they seeded Yale which had worse net released on march 13 than Fighting Blue Hens, Peacocks & Jacksonville St Gamecocks so high.

Imo, placement of 16 seeds was bad as Wright St Raiders & Bryant Bulldogs didn't get placed in Chicago side but I think Raiders will win vs Bryant but then lose round of 64 game to Arizona Wildcats unlike its Horizon League womens counterpart IUPUI Jaguars who will win round of 64 game over Oklahoma cuz Jaguars won road game against Iowa earlier this season, also I think Wright St Raiders & Bryant Bulldogs should have been played in Corpus Christi or Houston (Texas Southern Tigers arena) this year instead of Dayton as that definitely favors hometown Raiders, my other point is Texas Southern Tigers & Islanders didn't get placed in game where they face Baylor Bears in round of 64 as many Texas Southern Tigers & Islanders alumni have dual allegiance to both Texas Southern Tigers/Bears or Islanders/Bears so that was missed opportunity. Play in games should have been at different side than what they were.

Angry about certain snub Texas A&M not making it in. This was horrible. In bracketmatrix.com final year end rankings, 4 of top 5 predictions finishers 1. deuce2sports.com had them as 12 seed, 2. crazy sports dude had them as 11 seed, 3. warren nolan had them as 11 seed & 5. marchmadness22.blogspot.com had them as 11 seed as well as fact 200 of 211 bracketologist submissions had Aggies in, making this misselection join 8 other teams since 2006 to be in over 90% of bracketmatrix.com sites but still not make it in ncaa tournament. Despite having several great wins up until march 13, Texas A&M still didn't get in march madness.

While Musketeers had high strength of schedule, they still got snubbed by committee. This snubbing in 2 recent years makes me think committee is friends with Cincinnati Bearcats administrators in secret. 

Angry about Wake Forest being out despite having fine overall record. It makes my blood boil.

Thought Flyers would get in cuz they had great win count, like vs Kansas, but they didn't make it to ncaa tournament. I realize Dayton was mistakenly seeded higher than Texas A&M Aggies in nit so thus I think Texas A&M should be higher than Dayton in nit despite me seeding Flyers higher than Texas A&M in march madness.

Did have Cavaliers in ncaa tournament cuz they had wins away from their stadium against Providence & Duke, who both won their conference regular season championship, though I'm ok with Virginia being snub from tournament altogether. Unbelievable their ncaa tournament appearance streak had to end this year.



footnotes.

For my seeds, here's format to decipher them. I'll briefly explain. Going for march madness, each # corresponds to overall seed in tournament. For example, 1.-> 1 overall march madness seed. Going for nit, each # corresponds to overall seed in tournament. For example, 1. -> 1 overall nit seed. Going for cbi, each cbi # corresponds to only teams with winning record in 2021 through 2022 season & will be having lots of teams in AAC, A 10, ACC, Big XII, Big East, Big 10, C USA, Mountain West, Pac 12 & SEC in college basketball. For example 1. would be team with fine winning record in conference alphabetically at top of alphabet & 9. would be team with membership in conference alphabetically below above conferences. Going for cit, each number corresponds to conference alphabetically. For example 1. would be team with best winning record remaining in conference alphabetically at top of alphabet & 16. would be team with fine record in conference alphabetically below teams above it & there won't be any teams which come from AAC, A 10, ACC, Big XII, Big East, Big 10, C USA, Mountain West, Pac 12 & SEC because these conferences don't participate in cit. Use these footnotes when u're trying to decipher my seeding above. That's my tips. I followed the rules with regard to march madness & nit seeding & march madness, nit, cbi & cit location. So be fine with reading my number lists for 4 tournaments in d1.


comment policy.

I think u have comments waiting for me to respond to ok. I will, of course, read every comment which is pending moderation & hope u had important stuff to say. Getting to respond to ur comment(s) will be amazing for me. Will use blogspot commenting system for this website. If u were brought to this blog by 1 blog, website, forum, twitter tweet, facebook post, local TV broadcast etc. please tell me name of what brought u to this blog so I can read what that cbb person who enjoyed or criticized this blog said so I can figure out whether I agree with that person & give web address link, so ur comment can be approved by my pending moderation process, to what brought u so I can see original words they used for my bracketology, seeding & location. If u agree with what I typed, then say that u love what I wrote & tell me which parts. If u disagree with what I typed, then say that u aren't in favor, be polite & tell me which parts u aren't in favor. Be pithy or give rambling comment to what I typed. Length of what person comment doesn't matter to me. Some other things to note. Do not go off topic in ur comment e.g. talking about social studies if u currently are in high school. Tell me what school is ur favorite d1 team so I know if u are inclined to agree or disagree with my post. Do not call me evil, amateur, dumb or any insult if u aren't in favor what I wrote. Share link to any youtube video of any basketball or non basketball subject so I can see them. I am against comment that puts inappropriate content/video/image in response. U can also go ahead & go tell me what player(s) is/are ur favorite player(s). Allow u to post racist terms like chink since I'm against censorship, but I do not approve of being a racist personally. High school & college players u enjoy can have their highlights or profile posted in these below comments. It is ok to dislike another team, but it is forbidden for u to comment & call a team any insult which is overboard.  Can tell me what games in college basketball u are planning to watch tonight since this is college basketball blog. Will not allow u to comment by making fun of last place team in its conference ok. Will allow u to praise whatever team u think will be 1st place team in its conference ok. This blog is obviously regularly updated. After u submit comment, u need to check back within next 3 days so u can read my reply & then u are required to comment to my reply. I am excited to write on my blog. Go post comment.

 






 



 

 




 

 

 

 


 


 







 


 










 

 





 













 

 




 


 

 




 



 

 



 





 

 

 




 

 



 

 



 

 



 

 



 



 



 

 




 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 



 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts.

Espn College GameDay College Football can put true american Story this season.